Wednesday, November 28, 2007

STELLAAAA!
st. charles streetcar

J'adore le streetcar. Love it so much I'm dedicating a whole post to it because when it comes to traveling to Bourbon Street from uptown New Orleans, there ain't no better way to travel. What people don't realize is that following "the storm" (Katrina), the streetcar line was not running for two whole years! Unfortunately, aside from the St. Charles line, all the other streetcar tracks were torn up and will not reopen. Aquel dommage, n'est pas?
I've been practicing mon French lately for hope that I'll get to use it soon.
A note on A Streetcar Named Desire. I'm not a huge Tennessee Williams fan, but Marlon Brando rocks, er, rocked (whatever - he'll always rock). Did you know that every actor in the film version of Streetcar won an academy award that year... except for Marlon?! Now that's just plain bull manure because it is my humble opinion that Marlon Brando was the greatest, most important, most pioneering actor of all-time. Okay - that's all for today. I'm spent. Too many beignets.

1 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

what up IMOL!? Hope you had Happy Holidaze!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home