Tuesday, September 25, 2007


WPTH vs. KPWS



Sounds like a battle between east coast and left coast radio stations, I know, but... what it is exactly is a movie idea, perhaps a sequel to the independent film The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill called - Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill vs. Killer Pigeons of Washington Square, or WPTG v. KPWS. In the style of AVP (Alien v. Predator), Freddy v. Jason, and MacGyver v. A-Team (oh wait, that's not a real movie - just another dream of mine to see a combination of 1) yet another retro TV show movie mixed with 2) a "versus" genre pic on the big screen [it will be fantastic, culminating in the two sides improvizing a way to do battle with one another, but each side will be limited in supplies to chewing gum, toilet paper rolls, old parachute, a croquet set, etc.]). WPTG v. KPWS will be much bloodier, though, because no one ever got hurt in A-Team or MacGyver.

Source of inspiration - I was on Telegraph Hill, which is four blocks up from Washington Square in San Francisco. The wild parrots there (yes, there really is a flock of wild parrots in San Francisco) make a hell of a lot of noise. They are spaztic fliers. But you've got to love them. They have a certain charm, what can I say.

Down the hill, the rats with wings in Washington Square swoop across your head and terrorize the parksters like some Hitchcock flick. They are orderly about their terror runs, though. Like Nazis...

Okay, so I'm having this thought - parrots = good guys, pigeons = bad guys... when all of a sudden a lone parrot starts squawking outside the window from where I was writing. I think, strange for it to be by itself, as they do have a tendency to flock for protection, and then I hear a predator's caw, a red-tailed hawk, to be specific. And this raptor/bird of prey/whatever you want to call it is chasing down this lone parrot. I stick my head out the window to observe. I watch as they fly over me, the parrot making some serious noise now, and then as they pass over the building - silence.

Another sign.

Let this be a lesson. The hawk is the U.S. government. We freedom fighters are the parrots. Everyone else is part of the fucking pigeons - as long as they get their food, they're happy. We parrots must stick together, however, or else the war hawks of the world are going to kill us in the end.

1 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I almost hit a pigeon in my car downtown, I'd..well, I'd have a lot of nickels! They are so dumb and slow, they don't even attempt to get out of the way. But still, I used to feed them across the street when I was walking back from lunch and was named "Pigeon Bitch" by my coworkers! lol

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home