Friday, July 20, 2007


BBC AMERICA

"The world is a monster that swallows you whole." [REM] Not that this is a bad thing. Take the Wednesday night we had at the BBC (British Bankers' Club), for instance. Wait a minute, I'm sorry, I was drunk again and thought I could make sense of Michael Stipe's lyrics there for a second. I could that night anyway. I concluded that the world was a friendly monster somehow... but I can't get there from here anymore.

VeGa and I danced. We sang. We ate. We drank. We did lots of things. It was an excellent time. Extraordinary, in fact. Extravagantly exciting and exhausting at the same time. But... I felt I had graduated to a higher level of partydom, for I was still up past 4:20 a.m. and VeGa (normally Ms. Endurance) had passed out after last call, which for some stupid reason occurs by 2:00 a.m. in California. Think I may petition our Governator to rethink that measure.

[ <--- VeGa and the "Professor"]

Feeling cheated, I did what any man of leisure would do - I returned to the BBC on Thursday night... only to find that the stylishly hot crowd had been replaced with a karaOKe hodge-podge of weirdo's and overall misfits. Not that this is a bad thing. I mean it's not every night you get to sing woo-hoo's with Bono intensity. Not to keep harshing on REM, but Everybody Hurts really brings the crowd down. If you're going to sing karaoke, sing a happy, upbeat song please. Kudos to NiFe for his rendition of Jim Morrison. Oh, and to VeGa's friend Ca for not passing out and keeping up with the man on Wednesday.

Is it the weekend already? It's about time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home