Wednesday, June 06, 2007

ANOTHER TRIP THROUGH NORTH BEACH


LaDe came to town from snowy Colorado. I haven't seen her since the Foggy Fest, but like the late parrot of yesterweek, she has the distinction of being part of the very first blog entry.

In a word: whirlwind.

I picked her up from the airport, we dropped off her bags, had a drink at MoFo's pad, and then proceeded to hit 1) Tony Nik's; 2) Columbus Cafe; 3) Gino & Carlo's; and then 4) the Savoy.

For once, MoFo did not accompany us on this jaunt through North Beach (she has a job). Personally, I don't know how she keeps up with me as often as she does and still maintain a 9-5 legal position. If there was a night to take off, though, it was this night with LaDe.

Why? In another word: vodka.

I've known LaDe since first year of law school in New Orleans. When I moved to San Fran after finishing school, she was the first to follow. We've drunk many a daiquiri together, let me tell you... amongst other things. There's a certain, special bond that forms between people who have lived in the Big Easy. For instance, take MoFo - didn't even know her when I lived in NOLA though we were in the same class (LaDe introduced us in SF), but because we've NOLA in our blood, it's like we're...

Connected.

1 Comments:

Blogger sadielady said...

i'm connected to you too, baby - don't forget it!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home