Monday, April 23, 2007

TO BEAN OR NOT TO BEAN

Fitting that on the Bard's birthday/deathday, April 23rd, I should find myself playing Bohnanza. What a strange concept for a card game...

I think that I want to die on my birthday. That way, the people who love me that I leave behind can be ultra-depressed on just one day as opposed to two.

Such egomania, I know, but this is my blog, don't you know...

To counter this, I have decided to spend more focus on others. I shall be the witness-observer of all around. Today's highlight:

On a quiet street corner in quaint Noe Valley, a post-toddler pre-teen boy stood with whom I assume were his parents. The parents were clean, well-dressed individuals, talking animately while they waited for the lights to change before they crossed palm-lined Dolores Ave. The boy was also very well-dressed - with jacket, tie, slacks, shiny shoes and slick hair. I got the sense that he did not normally dress as such... not that he looked uncomfortable, on the contrary, he looked very comfortable in his attire. So comfy he was dancing a sweet jig/tap routine. The parents were oblivious to the dancing, though. They were too busy yapping away and focusing on the slow light change (they were obviously running late - you could tell with how they jumped on the green). Little boy missed the light change, though. He was intent on improving this one step he was working on. Once he perfected the move to his satisfaction, he then caught up with his parents halfway down the crosswalk.

Do too many of us lose the enjoyment of the now because of the things we know we have to do in the future?

1 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

Well said IMOL. Live in the present!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home