Tuesday, March 06, 2007

FROM NOLA TO LA JOLLA
I've never read an Anne Rice book before... but I've been to her Halloween parties (thanks to Sadie). As I prepare for my return to the Big Easy, I'm disappointed to hear that the writer formerly known as Howard(?) Allen O'Brien [Rice] has moved away from NOLA to La Jolla, CA.

Let me start again because my thoughts are scattered across tangents upon tangents. I've never read an Anne Rice book before... but I've just begun The Vampire Lestat after MoFo told me that I would enjoy it given my recently revealed affinity for wolves. I've already seen the movie version of Interview with a Vampire (+) as well as Queen of the Damned (-), so MoFo thought I'd appreciate and enjoy Lestat's backstory... and I am! I might even join Rice's fan club which carries Lestat's name - that way I can get an invite to her Halloween parties again... though now that she doesn't live in New Orleans anymore, I'm not sure if the celebration will still have the same gothicly grim and grotesque gala feel to it...

Femme-bots. They weren't grotesque...

I'm having a hard time maintaining focus it seems... I should probably stop writing for today except I wanted to say...

I'm going to JAZZFEST, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home