Thursday, January 04, 2007

DISH DE JOUR: SQUID IN ITS OWN INK
Sounds absolutely disgusting, doesn't it? But if I'm going to travel to exotic places, I figured I should start getting used to eating some pretty weird cuisine. This twist on calimari that Picaro

serves rates pretty high in terms of weirdness, but I've got to say... it's pretty yummy - no, I'd go as far to say that it's very yummy. In fact, it's one of the most satisfying appetizers I've ever had in San Francisco. Tough to beat the mushroom dumplings from Eos, though. Mmmmm, Eos. I may have to head that way again soon.

I should credit MoFo for her adventurous call on the order, in the first place. MiCa, LaDe, and RuCa each had a different reaction to the squid, as is evidenced by the photo (MiCa -"Fun!", LaDe -"Whatever, look at that cute guy over there," and RuCa - "Eww, gross, you couldn't make me eat that if you paid me!").




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home