Wednesday, December 27, 2006

THOUGHTS ON COFFEE...

My friend wanted to give his employees a cool holiday gift. Since they are programmers for a start-up, I suggested a quality espresso machine as they all tend to work looong hours...
Sorry, I had to stifle a giggle there...
I did some research for my friend, though I confess - espresso is something about which I feel I am already quite knowledgable. Men of leisure have to start their mornings or afternoons somehow, and espresso usually does the job.
The Saeco Incanto (above) ended up being the machine my friend selected, thanks to my research. What I can't believe is that my friend brought in someone else to calibrate the machine to make the optimum espresso. I may not be technical, but uhhh, did I mention I know my coffee?!
ps one week later, the machine that had been "carefully calibrated" for optimum espresso-making was spewing out dirty water - I went into my friend's office and worked my magic. My friend's team of employees all love me now. Amazing what good coffee can do to people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home