Thursday, August 30, 2007

NORTH BEACH HAPPY HOUR

First of all, special thanks must go to MoFo [above] for last night. Here's why...

A friend of mine from law school, MaRe, and his wife, DoRe, just had a baby about ten weeks ago. DoRe left for Texas this week, so I had a chance to see MaRe for the first time in a long while, at a Happy Hour at the Columbus Cafe in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood. So the plan was to meet for a couple drinks, and then I was going to pick up MoFo for a movie.

Man, do they serve large margaritas at the Columbus Cafe. I mean, wow, these margaritas came in pint glasses. Needless to say, I had a good buzz going (hadn't eaten dinner by this point). I'm waiting for a call from MoFo, oblivious to the fact that my cell phone had no reception in the bar - missed the movie, but kudos to MoFo for so being cool about it. Ended up drinking wine and eating quality hummus back at her place... and then by 1:30 a.m., I found myself facing "Bucky" the mechanical bull with VeGa, my driver for the late night to next morning's hours. I'd write more about it now, but the thought of Bucky is making my stomach turn. Pardon me. Will continue this when I feel human again.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Sex Goddess said...

I want to hear more about the bull.

10:28 AM  
Blogger X said...

... and so you shall.

You really are a fantastic writer, by the way. Still waiting for you to read me one of your stories over the phone, though...

10:03 PM  
Blogger The Sex Goddess said...

I already know that you love my voice. So I will be happy to read you a story one day. Just wait, my dear, just wait...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home