Tuesday, November 13, 2007

TAILGATING ANYONE?

Ahh, the sweet smell of blackened catfish, shrimp gumbo and crawfish etouffee. You may be wondering where a San Fran man might find such delicious dishes... or maybe not if you read the title to this posting.

49er tailgating is really unlike the kind of tailgating I've experienced in other cities - you know beer & barbecue kinda thing. At Candlestick (Monster Park), people drink wine over tablecloths. And when the Saints are in town, the cuisine is Cajun/Creole all around the parking lot.

I came just for the food... and drink, of course - didn't see any part of the game at all. I met the halftime entertainers in the parking lot [see 1st photo] and some other interesting characters [see left], but the highlight had to be... [drumroll, por favor]... the jello shot lady! I had not had a jello shot in years! I'm going to make some more this weekend for sure, though.

ps - thanks for cleaning that catfish, MoFo ; )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still owe me for that catfish thing...

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home