Tuesday, November 20, 2007

OH, THE HUMANITY!

house dedication, 9th ward - new orleans

MoFo and I traveled on down to the Big Easy for a week. We helped build houses for Habitat for Humanity and the Musicians' Village of the devastated 9th Ward. Okay, yes, I may be a man of leisure, but I don't mind picking up a hammer and nail for those unfortunate folks of the 9th Ward. Without these people, the fun parts of the Big Easy could not function - there would be no hotel staff, no servers and no musicians. What is New Orleans without all this? So... though I have taken a vow to shirk work, I felt it my karmic duty to give back a little to the city which has given so much to me in the past.

Special thanks to DoTa for coming out for a couple days to help out our house-building team. And congrats on getting signed with a record label! Back in the day, DoTa and I used to jam together. Look at him now - all grown up with a label behind his music. Pretty damn cool - hmmmm... maybe I'll start a rock band of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home