Sunday, October 15, 2006

OLD ROOMMATES REVISITED

photo with AlCo from my last birthday party


Funny thing I learned this summer... no matter how quickly things change, your old roommates stay the same. So much radical change has occured in my life over the last few months. Mostly positive. Some negative, true, but easily handled.

The freedom from the grind I feel now outweighs the benefit of having a steady, paying job...

The people with whom I share my time now have different faces from before, I miss the ones from before, true, but I simply adore the ones that I now know (sorry just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's again for the Xteenth time, and the diction from the movie's dialogue sticks in my head).

I can also move back to the city now that my beautiful old treehouse of a home is being sold...

When I lived in the city last, I worked on the 10th floor of the Tiffany's building in Union Square for a talent management company. I ended up going out for an audition myself and started performing with an improv comedy troupe called Drunken Monkey. Then I hurt my ankle playing basketball and had to get an office job again. Fast forward - after four years working at a family law firm, I have become a domestic man of leisure with aspirations of going international. Today I'm playing basketball, watching movies, and listening to the Monkees as well as the Police's Synchronicity CD.
I think my digressions are trying to establish some kind of theme...
I was talking about old roommates and how they never change even though everything else around here does. AlCo was a roommate of mine for a long while. We had some good times... and some bad ones, too. I saw her a fair bit this week, and I realized something:
You can fix something that's broken, but not somebody. They have to fix themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home