Monday, September 25, 2006

HERE COME THE SAINTS

I used to live in New Orleans. I'm also the kind of person who always cheers for the underdog. As a result, I'm a Saints fan...

Monday Football this week featured the New Orleans Saints at home for the first time in over a year. The Superdome got itself a makeover. The team has sold out their season tickets for the first time ever. U2 and Greenday played for the crowd, and I can say that the natives looked happy for the first time that I've seen in a long while.

When it comes to the football team, the locals have a lot to be happy about. They managed to beat the Falcons and maintain their undefeated record, now 3-0 for the season. If you know anything about pro football - that's unbelievable. The Saints haven't won a Monday Night game since 1992, the team has been known as the Aints throughout the franchise history, and they have never made it to the Super Bowl.

If they go to the Super Bowl this year, IMOL will be there... you know what - you heard it here first: "The Saints are going to win the Super Bowl!"
(Of course, I also said the Cubs would win the World Series this year.)

1 Comments:

Blogger sadielady said...

Ah, New Orleans ... damn but I miss it. We had some good times there.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home