Friday, September 01, 2006

THE HAIR OF THE DOG (AND BULL) THAT BIT ME... AND KICKED MY ASS

Still sore. Afternoon the next... MeRe [above] and VeGa [below] stopped by the Lakehouse home for some turkish delight. Through their combined powers, IMOL was able to re-emerge from his dark, reclusive lair and continue his high adventure in leisure...

MeRe and VeGa are two tough titans to top in terms of party endurance. VeGa was there the night before... for Bucky the Mechanical Bull - located at the even newer New Old Pro in downtown Palo Alto. Those crazy kids at the Old Pro knocked down their neighbor's wall and expanded their bar and added the $3-per-ride attraction that is Bucky.

I was feeling lucky with Bucky. I really thought I could avoid getting tossed from his bullish back (tequila). Not knowing that everyone gets tossed from Bucky the Bull. And I mean everyone. What sheer pleasure to watch. What extreme agony to witness first hand the powers that the Buckster has.

As for the powers MeRe and VeGa have (you think I'd about forget our two heroines del dia?) - that's actually a story for another day. Suffice to say that the dynamic duet played the part of co-muses for the evening... and that IMOL has a thing for seeming tangents.

Regardless of the bruised bum, I managed to meet up with AnBy, JePa and CiRe (or Bubbles) to see the Every Move a Picture gig at San Francisco's Bottom of the Hill. Excellent show. Lots of booze. Wine and Guinness mostly. Not together but consecutively. Bubbles and AnBy discussed the plans for Saturday's soiree, JePa was drilling me about the Vegas Venture, and somebody literally threw yet another shot of tequila down my throat. Amazing skill.

It's all in the timing...

Today, I said good-bye for good to the life of family law lawyer. Come Monday (Labor Day - lol), my life as IMOL becomes officiale. Fare thee well divorcees, custody gladiators and deadbeat dads [photo at right are boxes from just one family law case - crazy!]. How glad am I to have the weekend here... because it's good to have a chance for a little rest and relaxation before the life of leisure really starts.

1 Comments:

Blogger sadielady said...

Yes, because a long holiday weekend full of rest and relaxation is absolutely essential prior to beginning a life of international leisure, which i am sure will include no tougher tasks than sunbathing with glamorous girls, drinking champagne with fabulously sophisticated people, surfing and sailboating with sunbathed gods and goddesses, and staying out all night with the coolest of the coolest of the jetsetters on earth. Yes, I feel so sorry for you and those boxes of family law cases you will no longer have to deal with. And if you win enough money in Monte Carlo, buy me a ticket - - I'll definitely be your mistress, my international man.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home