Monday, October 02, 2006


MO BETTER BLUE


The Blue Chalk Cafe. I have known this restuarant/bar since I first moved to California in '94. It's located in normally sunny Palo Alto - this weekend the clouds forced us to keep our layers on. The big news was that MoFo blessed the Peninsula with her presence - thing is, I had enticed her away from chilly San Francisco with promises of warmth and sunshine, but the only warmth I could provide were drinks from the Blue Chalk.

VeGa and MoFo also met for the first time. Which was interesting to me for several reasons. I have been spending the majority of my time with these two lovely lasses lately - and it's amazing they haven't met previously... but what occupied my mind while there was the fact this place was the site of a monumental evening for me - twelve years ago.

U. The one that got away. HeFe. My longest relationship (3 1/2 years). One night, HeFe and I met up with U at Blue Chalk for dinner. That's when I found out that U was moving in with some Colombian guy (an obvious surrogate for me, of course), whom she would eventually end up marrying. That same night, I ended up kissing HeFe right outside Blue Chalk. Realization. My record relationship with HeFe was really just a rebound from U. And a dozen years later, I'm finding it interesting that my life should in a way come together at the very place where it had splintered.

Sounds like a cause for celebration to me. Who's buying?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home