Friday, November 03, 2006

REBIRTH

Fitting that I was talking about the Big Easy so much recently because here we have a quintessential New Orleans band in the form of the Rebirth Brass Band. I can safely say that I have seen this band more times than any other band I know. I can't even say how many times because 1) it would be embarrassing and 2) because I actually don't know it's so high.

Rebirth used to perform at the Maple Leaf in uptown NOLA every Tuesday night, and I of course would go see them just about every week. Trumpets. Trombone. Saxophone. Snare & Bass Drummers. And a Tuba player who rocks. You might not think that you could rock out on a tuba but you can... or rather he can.

It was cool to get a flair of N'awlins without leaving San Francisco. It makes me feel I should do more things with an international feel to it while I wait for my passport to be processed.*

I think I'll order some take-out Italian for dinner tonight.

*TIP OF THE WEEK: Don't ever let your passport expire - renew it before that happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger sadielady said...

I'm so jealous, baby. Love Rebirth.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home